Every fall, a team from Tröegs heads to the Pacific Northwest for one of the most critical steps in brewing: hop selection. This year, you’re invited to join us at the brewery to celebrate all things hoppy and good at the second-annual Harvest Hopfest weekend! We’re talking three new hop-centric (and very limited) beers, the return of the HopDash to Hershey, firkins of IPAs infused with specialty ingredients, a whole bunch of live music in the Beer Garden … and more!
Friday, Oct. 5
4 p.m. – Limited hoppy releases. Be the first to get your hands on 3 new beers: Golden Thing Double IPA, Orangerine Double IPA and Scratch #346 Fresh Hop Pale Ale, all born from our annual pilgrimage to the Pacific Northwest for hop selection.
• Walking the fields, we were stopped in our tracks by the otherworldly lemon notes of a hop called Lemondrop. We just had to build a beer around it. Our Hop Cyclone circulates Lemondrop’s citrusy oils throughout Golden Thing, and dry-hopping with Lemondrop and Centennial leads to juicy layers of fresh lemonade, pinesap and sweet citrus. Available in 16 oz. cans and on draft at the brewery, and in all markets where Tröegs is sold.
• Experimental hop No. 06297 may not yet have a name, but as soon as we smelled its layers of orange, coconut cream and vanilla, our Double IPA wheels started turning. Orangerine, brewed with 06297 and dry-hopped with the citrusy Mandarina Bavaria, delivers layers of fresh-squeezed tangerine, orange rind and creamy coconut. Available in 16 oz. cans and on draft at the brewery.
• Once a year, we get a drop of hops that 24 hours earlier were hanging on a West Coast trellis. This year, it’s Comet from a farm in Woodburn, Ore. Scratch #346 is a pale ale brewed with pils and Vienna malts and dank with fresh notes of tropical fruit, citrus and ripe grapefruit. Available in 12 oz. bottles and on draft at the brewery.
7-10 p.m. – Music in the Beer Garden. Vinegar Creek Constituency Duo and Palm City Ramblers
Saturday, Oct. 6
8 a.m.-noon – The 5th Annual HopDash 5K is coming back to Hershey! Start your morning with a run/walk through the hills of Hershey, and finish at the brewery with HopFest beers, snacks, live music from Mockingbird, games and more! Costumes are highly encouraged (they even have their own awards categories). Spots are limited!
7-10 p.m. – Music in Beer Garden. Tröegs co-workers Laura Ruhl & Chris Pearson and acoustic indie/folk/pop trio Rivers.
Sunday, Oct. 7
11 a.m. – Brunch
Noon-4 p.m. – Tröegs Pop-up Market.
• Strites Orchard will be selling apples, cider and pumpkins and will be offering tips on best uses for a variety of apples.
• Cheesemonster will be offering seasonal bites paired with Tröegs beers.
• Little Amps Coffee Roasters will be selling locally roasted coffee.
• The Nature Conservancy will be sharing information on OktoberForest, a nationwide effort to conserve and restore healthy forests to help protect clean water (the No. 1 ingredient in beer).
Noon – 3 p.m. – Brass band will be popping up throughout the brewery.
* Plus: Don’t miss our IPA sampler in the Tasting Room featuring Orangerine, Golden Thing, Fresh Hop IPA and Perpetual IPA.