NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST WILL BE HELD ONLY IN CERTAIN STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN ONE OF THE ELIGIBLE US STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open only to legal residents of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. This contest is sponsored by Tröegs Independent Brewing (“Tröegs“). Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Tröegs, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) are not eligible to enter or win. Employees of alcohol beverage distributors and retailers are also not eligible to enter or win.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on May 6, 2019 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time and ends August 4, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”). Tröegs’ Web Site server is the official clock for this Contest.
- TO ENTER: Complete the required fields of the form found online at Troegs.com/summer (the “Web Site”) where you can follow on-screen directions to properly complete and submit a Contest entry form. For your entry to be valid, you must complete all required information, including you telling us about your favorite summer adventure in fewer than 200 words. Upon submitting the entry form, you will receive an email confirmation acknowledging your entry, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
All Entries: Limit one (1) entry per person. Automated means of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any participant who uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Tröegs’ sole discretion. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or entry.
By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and Tröegs’ decisions.
- CONTEST WINNER SELECTION, PRIZE, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One winner will be selected by Tröegs. Entries will be judged as follows: quality of the writing – 30%; the distinctiveness of the adventure – 30%; and creative storytelling ability 40%. Selection will be made on or about September 1, 2019 by the founders of Tröegs. In the event of a tie, Tröegs’ VP of Marketing will make the final selection by judging the entries based on creative storytelling ability. Tröegs’ decision shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
Only one (1) prize (“Grand Prize Trip”) will be awarded. The Grand Prize Trip consists of: a trip for the winner and one (1) verified travel guest (“Guest”) to Hershey, PA, accompanied by two representatives of Troegs who will host and document the trip for social media. The Grand Prize trip includes ground transportation via chauffeured transportation, two additional excursions along the way to Hershey, PA to be made in the sole discretion of Troegs, a complimentary meal at the Tröegs Brewery Tasting Room, and a $500 gift card for the Tröegs General Store. Tröegs will consider winner’s input on desired trip activities but the final itinerary will be determined exclusively by Tröegs in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize Trip also includes accommodations (one room with double occupancy) for up to two nights in a hotel selected by Tröegs. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,000. The actual value of Grand Prize may vary depending on fluctuations in tour. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winner and Guest must be 21 years of age or older. All transportation and/or hotel accommodations will be determined by the Tröegs. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions. Travel dates are at Tröegs’ sole choosing and will occur before May 2020. If Winner is unable to travel during travel dates, as determined by Tröegs, the Grand Prize Trip will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with these Rules. All airfare, luggage fees, hotel, meals, ground transportation, gratuities, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of Winner and Guest. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary, comply with all security requirements for travel and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel. Winner and Guest must sign and return a release of liability/publicity before travel is booked. Winner and/or Guest’s participation in any or all activities on the prize trip is voluntary.
- PRIZE CLAIM: The potential Winner of the Grand Prize Trip is subject to verification, including verification of age. The potential Winner will be contacted via email and will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the Winner’s name, city/state, likeness, or video/photography by Tröegs for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within ten (10) days of attempted email notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Rules, if prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if prize is rejected, the potential Winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. The Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the respective prize, and will be issued IRS Forms 1099 and W9 for the value of the prize. No cash equivalent, transfer, or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Tröegs. If the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Tröegs reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Tröegs’ decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Tröegs or Contest Parties resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in the Contest, or the download of any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Tröegs or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Mobile Web Site/Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Mobile Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Tröegs is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Mobile Web Site/Web Site. Use of the Mobile Web Site/Web Site is at user’s own risk. Tröegs and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s mobile device resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Mobile Web Site/Web Site or the download of any information from the Mobile Web Site/Web Site. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Tröegs and Contest Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize, including any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Tröegs and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, video, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, for receipt by December 30, 2019 to: Tröegs Independent Brewing Contest Winner List Request, 200 East Hershey Park Dr., Hershey, PA 17033.