Saturday, September 22nd 1-4pm
Cost: $75 (includes original Hawk Krall Illustrated Poster)
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to duck in and out of some of South Philly’s best dive bars, hidden gems and classic watering holes with local artist, illustrator and hot-dog connoisseur Hawk Krall.
You’ll kick things off at Hawk’s studio at 6th & Tasker St. with welcome Tröegs tasters and tamales from El Paisa Grocery while getting a behind-the-scenes peek at Hawk’s humorous take on regional foods.
From there, Hawk will lead the gang on a two-mile walking tour of his ‘hood, with exclusive experiences from our hosts at each stop along the way including sampling barbecued meats, cannoli, hot-off-the-press tortillas and tomato pie. Here’s the plan … and Hawk’s take on each stop:
- Mike’s B.B.Q. – “AMAZING. Smoked the old-fashioned way, that day.”
- Termini Brothers Bakery – “All sorts of pastries and over-the-top old-school South Philly ambience. The best cannoli.”
- Garage Philly – “Tröegs on tap. Enough said.”
- Tortilleria San Roman – “Conveyor-belt tortilla machine!”
- Friendly Lounge – “Legendary dive bar. Sinatra used to hang out here (maybe).”
- Sarcone’s Bakery – “Fifth generation bakery known for tomato pie. I can talk about tomato pie FOREVER.”
- Magic Gardens (gen. admission included) – “Hidden gem. Overwhelming and awesome.”
We’ll wrap things up at Tattooed Mom for Happy Hour drafts, and each guest will take home Hawk’s illustrated poster of the Tröegs + Hawk Krall Crawl!